Wednesday, March 21, 2007

i am like a detective now


So while I was researching Victorian and Edwardian fashion plates for this catalog I came across a collection of really beautiful plates, but the site I found them at could only identify the artist as "Drioz (?)" After looking up "Drioz" everywhere I could without any luck, I just figured I'd never find out any more information. But after looking up the Catalog Parisien tonight, I came across this site, which directed me to the art of Etienne Drian.

When I saw this image, I knew I'd found my mysterious, fabulous fashion illustrator, because it was one of the pieces that "Drioz" was credited with on this one website. And if you think about it, "Drioz" and "Drian" do look kind of similar when they're written out in cursive. So I'm all proud of myself for finding some more work (not to mention the real name!) of this great illustrator. Hooray for you, Etienne Drian. You rock.



No comments: